What we do
Physiotherapy helps restore movement and function, maximises potential and helps prevent deterioration or complications that may occur when someone is affected by injury, illness or disability.
We provide both inpatient and outpatient services at:
- Royal Glamorgan Hospital
- Prince Charles Hospital
- Ysbyty Cwm Cynon
- Ysbyty Cwm Rhondda
- Dewi Sant Hospital (Outpatients only)
- Keir Hardie University Health Park (Outpatients only)
- Leisure centres
- Y Bwthyn (Palliative Care)
Who is it for?
Physiotherapists provide assessment, treatment and rehabilitation for the following:
- Physiotherapy for Bone, Joint and Muscle Problems
- Problems after Pregnancy
- Assessment before an Operation on Your Hip or Knee
- Physiotherapy After a Problem with Your Brain or Spinal Cord
- Physiotherapy After a Stroke
- Physiotherapy Whilst in Hospital
- Physiotherapy after Breaking a Bone
- Physiotherapy for Your Chest
- Physiotherapy After Heart Issues
- Physiotherapy for Long Term Chest Conditions
- Physiotherapy for Children
- Physiotherapy in Intensive Care/High Dependancy Unit
- Physiotherapy in Palliative Care
- Admission Avoidance Service
- Community Services
Can anyone use this service?
There are various referral options for the services we provide. Please see Related Services for more information.
Monday to Friday 8:00am – 4:00pm
What to expect
Physiotherapists offer specialist assessment and treatment for a wide range of problems working with people to promote their own health and wellbeing.
We use advanced clinical reasoning and assessment skills to devise treatment plans appropriate to the patients’ condition.
You may be treated as an outpatient, in an individual or group setting. Alternatively you may be treated on the ward as an inpatient.
Please ensure you wear loose fitting clothing and flat soled shoes for your assessment.
Please see Related Services for more information.
For all appointments please contact our physiotherapy hub on