What is it?
As we come together to form our new Health Board, we have the opportunity to shape our organisation to be a great place to work and be cared for. To do this, we need to develop our shared values and behaviours, and we want you to be part of this important conversation
What are we doing?
We are launching Let’s Talk Culture – a major new project that will involve as many staff and patients as possible sharing their views about how we build our new organisation.
We want everyone to feel valued, happy, motivated and supported in their workplace.
We also want our patients to have a great experience in our care. Studies show that when healthcare professionals and teams have a good experience, are engaged in their work and work well as teams, patient experience, safety and quality also improves. ‘How’ we work is just as important as ‘what’ we do
How will we do it?
We have lots of plans and we really want to work with you to shape the way forward.
Let’s Talk Culture aims to;
- involve as many staff and patients as possible. We want to hear about your personal experiences at work or in our care, and your views on how we can improve.
- define our values and reinforce what’s important to us in our work and care for patients. We then want to translate these values into behaviours that show what we want our future culture to look like in day-to-day interactions with patients and each other.
- make it easier to see and recognise good practice and to speak up about poor behaviours. Our values need to be included in everything we do moving forward whether that’s recruiting and appraising staff, making decisions or measuring our performance.
- Help make our organisation a better place to work, and an even better place to be cared for.
- help make our organisation a better place to work and be cared for.
How can you get involved?
We can’t do this without you and there are two key areas that we would love you to get involved in.
Take part in our survey
Your views are important to us that’s why we are launching our Let’s Talk Culture survey.
This is your opportunity to tell us what it’s like working here and your ideas to make it a better place to work.
The survey is open throughout October, is completely anonymous and only takes 10 minutes to complete.
You can take the survey now simply by clicking the button to the right.
We’d be really grateful if you could spare the time to give us your thoughts.
Join in our workshops
From Monday November 4 to Friday November 8, we’ll be holding a series of workshops for staff and patients, to help develop a shared set of values and behaviours.
Some workshops will involve just us, talking about our experiences. Others will also involve our patients enabling staff to listen to their experiences in our care.
Everyone’s voice is important in getting this right and it would be great if as many of you as possible took the time to attend.
We will support anyone who wants to attend one of the workshops. If you’re on annual leave you can still take part and we’ll make sure you are paid for your time.
We are also offering transport to the workshops for any of our staff if they need it. Please ring 01685 728688 (Press 1 for the transport option), let us know the workshop you want to attend and we’ll arrange the rest.
The workshops are being held at various locations near you – check out the schedule for further information about how you and your team can register.
Don’t miss the chance to be part of the conversation!