Your Local Primary Care Team
Primary Care services are open and available to support you when you’re feeling unwell. Yet services might look a little bit different these days.
During the pandemic, we’ve had to adapt the way we provide health care but your local health care services are operating and are here for you.
If you’re feeling unwell there’s help on hand, with a wide team of healthcare professionals to support you. These include physiotherapists, wellbeing coordinators, community pharmacists, occupational therapists, dentists, advanced nurse practitioners and GP support officers.
Services are provided for everyone living in the area.
You can access services in many different ways:
- For minor ailments including cold, visit your pharmacist.
- For eye conditions go to your optician.
- Visit your dentist if you have a tooth abscess or toothache.
- Make an appointment at your GP surgery and the reception staff or care navigators will book time for you with either the GP, nurse or other practice staff to suit your health needs or condition.
Other services available are:
- Out of Hours.
- Minor Injury Units can treat fractures and joint dislocations, wounds, minor back and neck injuries, bites, eye, ear and nose injuries. The unit opening times are:
Ysbyty Cwm Rhondda, Llywnypia – 9am-4.30pm, Mon-Fri (excluding Bank Holidays). The Minor Injury Unit (MIU) at Ysbyty Cwm Rhondda works on a phone first basis. This means you need to call the unit before attending. The Phone First number is 01443 444 075.
Ysbyty Cwm Cynon, Mountain Ash 9am-4.30pm, Mon-Fri (excluding Bank Holidays). No appointments are necessary at Ysbyty Cwm Cynon. For any further information please contact Minor Injury Unit on 01443 715200.
- More information is available:
Cynon Valley Primary Care
Merthyr Tydfil Primary Care
Rhondda Primary Care
Taff Ely Primary Care