What we do
The health board has an immunisation co-ordinator role with responsibility for all immunisation programmes throughout the health board in both secondary and primary care. The role also includes monitoring of uptakes of immunisations and looking at ways to target the groups that need them the most. This service covers the whole of Cwm Taf University health board and involves working closely with other health professionals providing advice and guidance.
Who is it for?
If you are looking for information about immunisations for you or your family, please first discuss with your GP, practice nurse or health visitor who will be able to talk through the schedule of routine immunisations which are recommended in the UK and answer some of your questions.
Can anyone use this service?
This service is for all Health Care Professionals working across Cwm Taf University Health Board inc. third sector (Rhondda Cynon Taff and Merthyr Tydfil).The service can also be accessed by the General Public if they have any immunisation queries.
Mon – Fri 9am- 5pm
What to expect
The Immunisation Co-ordinator is responsible for:
- Looking at uptake of immunisations within our communities,
- Looking at ways to increase our uptake of immunisation,
- Providing education and training to other health care professionals,
- Acting as a central point for immunisation advice within the health board,
- Producing reports both internally and externally on our uptake as a health board
- Planning and supporting events to increase the awareness and uptake of immunisations.
01443 443443 ext 5304