We know that this is a difficult time and that Christmas and the festive break can increase feelings of loneliness and isolation.
We are working as hard as we can to maintain our mental health and wellbeing services to provide help and support when you need it. Please be assured that our services remain open, with some changes necessary for the safety of our patients and staff during the pandemic. Below are links to some of the mental health services in Cwm Taf Morgannwg, including details of our crisis teams.
If you are currently receiving assistance from secondary mental health services, please contact your care coordinator or the duty team as usual. Otherwise, we would advise that you contact your GP surgery to discuss your concerns. There are several sources of support available that they can refer you to, including your local MIND active monitoring service and the local Primary Care Mental Health Support Service.
If you feel that your issues are urgent and you need immediate help, please contact the Crisis Resolution Home Treatment Team at:
- Royal Glamorgan Hospital for Rhondda Taff Ely on 01443 443443 ext 74388
- Prince Charles Hospital for Merthyr and Cynon on 01685 726952
- Single Point of Access Team for Bridgend on 01656 752449
They can provide a timely assessment of your mental health needs.
The links below may also be helpful if you wish to talk to someone outside of Mental Health Services confidentially about your difficulties.
If you find that you are struggling and require confidential listening and support:
- The Samaritans Bridgend: 01656 662 333 | National Help Line: 116123 | 0845 790 90 90
- SHOUT support in crisis text Shout 85258
- Community Advice & Listening Line. Tel: 0800 132737 | Text: 81066 | Online: www.callhelpline.org.uk
- Papyrus HOPELINEUK (for under 35s) 0800 068 4141
- Silver Line (for 55+) 0800 4708090 www.thesilverline.org.uk
- Hafal. A safe and supportive online community: www.Hafalclic.org
- Community Advice & Listening Line. Offers a confidential listening and support service. Tel: FREEPHONE 0800 132737. Text: 81066
- Valleys Steps. Stress control and mindfulness. Website: www.valleysteps.org or Tel: 01443 803048
- New Horizons. Recovery college courses. Website: www.newhorizons-mentalhealth.co.uk or Tel: 01685 881113
- MIND. Recovery college courses, advocacy counselling. Website: www.matvmind.org.uk or Tel: 01685 353944
- CRUSE. Bereavement Care. Email: mailto:[email protected] or Tel: 01685 876020
- Interlink. Involve people in local mental health services. Information on peer support groups in RCT and Merthyr Tydfil. Website: www.interlinkrct.org.uk or Tel: 01443 846200
- Mental Health Matters Wales. Peer support, well-being, counselling and advocacy. Website: https://mhmwales.org.uk/ or Tel: 01656 767045
Coronavirus advice and updates from local services:
- Public Health Wales: www.phw.nhs.wales
- Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board: https://cwmtafmorgannwg.wales/latest-information-on-novel-coronavirus-covid-19/
- Bridgend County Borough Council: 01656 643643 www.bridgend.gov.uk
- HMRC Coronavirus helpline: 0300 4563565
Managing stress, anxiety and depression:
- Valleys Steps: www.valleyssteps.org/resources/self-help-information
- Anxiety UK: www.anxietyuk.org.uk/ Tel: 03444 775774
- OCD UK: www.OCDuk.org
- Moodgym: www.moodgym.com.au/
- Mood Juice: www.Moodjuice.scot.nhs.uk
- Get Self-Help: www.GetselfHelp.co.uk
General mental health support:
- Northumbria Tyne & Wear NHS Foundation Trust: www.ntw.nhs.uk/pic/selfhelp
- Centre for Clinical Intervention: www.cci.health.wa.gov.au/resources/looking-after-yourself
- MIND: www.mind.org.uk/information-support/coronavirus/
- Rethink Mental Illness: www.rethink.org
Some helpful Apps (download on the Apple App Store and Google Play):
- Breethe: Meditation & Sleep
- My Possible Self
- Insight Timer
- Self-help for anxiety management
There is also an online booklet about local mental health support services available at http://cwmtaf.wales/services/primary-care-mental-health-support-service.
For more information, please visit our Community Support Hub, which includes details of support in your area, as well as details of national advice and guidance services and other wellbeing resources.