Applying for a Coronavirus (COVID-19) Test
Everyone in Wales, including children, is entitled to request a Coronavirus test if they are experiencing the symptoms of COVID-19. For additional information about this, please see our Testing FAQs.
You may be able to choose between:
- Regional testing site – Abercynnon
- Mobile testing units – Please see below map
- Local testing site – Treforest
Our mobile testing units (MTUs) regularly move around the localities served by Cwm Taf Morgannwg to ensure that all of our population has access to COVID-19 testing. We are guided by our surveillance data on hotspots and local rates of infection when deciding where to locate these units.
In addition to these MTUs, our population has access to a regional testing site which is permanently located in Abercynon, as well as a local testing centre in Treforest.
If you have any of the main symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19), get a test as soon as possible. Stay at home until you get the result. The main symptoms are:
- A high temperature – This means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature).
- A new, continuous cough – This means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual).
- A loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – This means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal.
Find testing facilities, hours of operation and other information:
Hours of Operation/Booking
Abercynon (8am – 8pm). Booking required. Book via https://gov.wales/apply-coronavirus-covid-19-test or call 119.
Bridgend Town Centre (9am – 5pm). Booking required. Book via https://gov.wales/apply-coronavirus-covid-19-test or call 119.
Llantrisant (9am – 5pm). Booking required. Book via https://gov.wales/apply-coronavirus-covid-19-test or call 119.
Merthyr Town Centre (9am – 5pm). Booking required. Book via https://gov.wales/apply-coronavirus-covid-19-test or call 119.
Treforest (8am – 8pm). Booking optional. Walk in or book via https://gov.wales/apply-coronavirus-covid-19-test, or by calling 119.
For further COVID-19 information, please see our Testing FAQs below: